I haven’t had a baby yet and I am already wondering about what would be the best babywear to clothe a little one for the first time. I am planning to have a baby soon so I thought it would be a good idea to start searching for things that I should know and need before I have one!
I can imagine the excitement that you will feel when you see your little cutie one for the first time. Of course you want everything to be perfect for that big day!
So, to help make your life easier, I have compiled a list of baby essentials you will need for their very first day in the hospital.
Clothes should be soft, light, warm, comfortable and with no irritating tags.
- Look for four stretchy baby bodysuits (with crotch snap dome opening and envelope necks that are easy to get over your baby’s head).
- Buy two cotton baby hats, two mittens and two socks/booties.
- Bring four cardigans (depending of the season).
- Look for two soft baby blankets and two muslin wraps.
- Choose a nice baby home outfit. This should be soft and really comfortable.
- Toiletries: Buy baby bath and lotion.
- Take with you formulas, bottles and sterilizer equipment if you plan to bottle feed.
- Ensure a car restraint is organised for taking your baby home.
Below is a list of what the hospital usually supplies. You should discuss this with your hospital before you give birth.
- Baby wipes
- Baby wash clothes
Some mums prefer to dress their babies for the first time in 100% pure certified organic cotton because it is light, soft and safe for sensitive skin. However, dressing your baby with 100% cotton it is absolutely fine as cotton is a nice and soft fabric as well. If you want to learn more about organic cotton, I am working on a post on The Ultimate Guide to Organic Cotton. Keep an eye out for it!
Thinking of bringing additional baby outfits? Of course you can! After all, it’s your baby and no one can stop you from going overboard as you prepare to welcome the newest addition to your family.
Is there anything you can add? Let me know in the comments!